In 2011, Time magazine called the “sharing” economic model changed the world. Its main idea is to combine mass demand and disparate supply using the principles of barter and lease. The concept manifests itself in various areas of digital business and human activity in general. Today, everyone knows the global online services built on the “shared consumption” model. Among them are Uber, BlaBlaCar, Airbnb, and many others.
It would seem, and here cloud services? Not a single such application would have been developed without the use of “cloud” technologies. Having stepped over the start-up period, all of them migrate to a virtual environment, or rather, to the computing clouds of data centers.
This concept is based on the so-called cloud computing. They are understood as the approach of promptly providing remote IT resources (network, hardware, and software infrastructure) at the client’s first request, in the required volume, and with minimal service provider participation.
What to look for when choosing a VDR?
The essential requirements for computing clouds are:
- Accessibility from anywhere in the world with the Internet.
- Continuity and reliability of the access to services and data.
- High throughput and ease of administration.
- The ability to quickly scale the volume of its it-resources.
- Automatic metering of consumed capacities.
- Cost depends on the degree of use.
- In other words, without owning their computing resources, the client can use them to solve the company’s problems from anywhere in the world, at any time, and in any volume.
It is not uncommon for virtual data rooms to be used to store a large amount of data, although this is not the most advanced way to use them. Of course, cloud storage makes it possible to collect and edit vast amounts of data remotely. At the same time, your company stops purchasing expensive equipment that will take up space and resources in your office, for which you need to buy expensive software. VDR is the best option for extensive holdings, small and medium-sized businesses, and various individual entrepreneurs who work with data (including volume data).
Cloud Storage Opportunities
Speaking of cloud storage, many evaluate their capabilities by the amount of memory involved, but this is far from the only parameter that characterizes the service. It is also worth taking into account:
- The maximum speed of information exchange (after all, you will be uploading and uploading files). The servers of the WDR itself must be robust enough.
- The maximum amount of data transfer per send (the size in different services can even reach five terabytes).
- Security mechanisms are used to store and transfer your data without the risk of passing it to third parties.
- Integrations with third-party software. If you want employees to work with VDR and not “get” files from there to work, there should be a lot of integrations with other tools.
- How specific storage is organized (file storage option, object storage option, block storage option).
- Other features (additional functionality).
Depending on the combination and volume of the above characteristics, cloud service providers form their standardized or personalized offers for customers – cloud products and solutions.
If cloud storage possibilities seem attractive to you, it’s time to decide which storage to choose. Depending on financial capabilities and needs, cloud computing can be used in various deployment options.